September 19th

September 19th, I woke up at 8:30 in my bed at my house since I went home to Wooster this weekend for work. I rolled out of bed, showered, and ate. I then called my coworker asking him to pick me up. He was happy to drive as he had just gotten his new car and looked for any excuse to drive it. He also happens to be my best friend, so I wanted to spend more time with him since I don’t get to see my friends at home much because of college. We drove to Ashland, a town 30 minutes west of Wooster. Once we arrived, we had to park and go into the Ashland County Fair. I work for Redmond Concessions and was in the candy trailer. I was tasked with making candy apples, caramel apples, cotton candy, caramel corn with and without nuts, popcorn, and pumpkin caramel corn. The hardest to make was the pumpkin caramel corn, as I had to slow cook 8 spices and a stick of butter together to make a paste like substance. I then had fire on the caramel kettle and dump in the ingredients. After that, I had to mix it together and let it simmer. Once it all settled, I could add in the pumpkin paste and dump in the batch of corn to mix around with the caramel. I had to ensure that each piece was sufficiently coated in caramel. I then dumped it onto the table and bagged it all up. I also had to serve customers and organize the trailer as the day goes on. I was lucky that it was slow today because I was able to keep up just fine as it was my second time working in this specific trailer and first time making the food. I encountered a few people I knew in high school, so it was nice to be able to catch up with them. I was able to snag my favorite sausage sandwiches from DiRusso’s Italian Sausage during my two breaks so that was awesome. I finished my 12-hour shift, got paid, and left with my friend. We hung out for a bit before he dropped me off so I could go to sleep as I had to drive back to school in the morning. I got inside and showered up. I fed my cats and proceeded to put on a Marvel movie to fall asleep to. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 15th

November 6th

November 2nd