October 17th

I woke up at 7:30am which is earlier than I usually wake up as I had to get ready for work. This time, I had to work in the Fairfield County Fair in Lancaster, Ohio. I showered and got ready before heading out. Once I left, I realized that I had forgot to bring my water battle. I pulled a U-turn and drove back to campus. I got back to my dorm building and retrieved my water bottle before leaving again. The drive was about an hour long and I have been doing it all week. I decided that I wanted to listen to all of Kid Cudi’s albums in order, so I continued doing so while on the drive. The drive itself was rather uneventful. It consists of going west on Route 70 for about 30 to 40 miles, then taking an exit onto Route 37 South for about 15 miles. Since I arrived before the start of the fair, it was fairly easy to find parking close to where I was going to be working. This week, I have been working in the fish fry trailer. We battered and fried fish, oysters, clams, and shrimp. We also had to cut and blanch French fries to get them ready to fry as everything we did was by order. I had to meet some new coworkers as the old ones got fired for stealing. One of them stole $300 from our boss while the other one covered for him. They both ended up getting caught and fired. This was greatly upsetting to me as I had been driving over an hour to work my hardest while these two just sat around and did nothing besides lie and steal. They were from the area so at one point, they both came up to the trailer to get food and it took everything in my power to not tell them to leave immediately. They ordered their food and left without paying or receiving their food. They simply wanted to waste our time, however I got to eat the food that they ordered so that was nice. After this, my shift was rather uneventful. It consisted of me sitting as cashier for most of the shift. All I had to do was collect money and keep track of orders for 14 hours. After the fair closed at 10pm, we had to pack up the trailers and get them ready to be transported to the next fair. After we finished that, I got paid and drove home to get some rest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

September 15th

November 1st

November 6th